Wednesday, 5 February 2014

"Month of letters" Challenge 2014

It's February already and almost a year since I posted anything on my blog - oh dear!











Another new year - and a belated new blog post!  This particular post is about a topic close to my heart -   which is - maintaining the tradition of handwritten correspondence!   In 2012 I wrote a post about the "Month of Letters" challengehere .  Last year I was a bit under the weather so was unable to participate - but here I am - it's 2014 - and I'm raring to go!

So far this month I have had good reason to send around 10 letters and notes of gratitude - which has given me a head start to this challenge!   Some of the notes should have reached their destination by now and others are still winging their way, via by the good old Royal Mail postal service, to their unsuspecting recipients - and I feel good! 

That done, I now have to put together a list of those who will receive some hand written words from me as part of this challenge of daily letter writing.  

How do you feel about this dying art of communication?  Are you done with snail mail since electronic correspondence is so instant/more convenient -  or would you prefer to receive and retain something tangible, more intimate and personal, that you could tuck away to read again and again if so desired? 

When was the last time you wrote or received a handwritten note?  I'd be delighted to drop you a few lines if you'd like!  It wouldn't be a surprise but it would be hand written!

Ta! Ta! the noo!

 

1 comment:

  1. Bella, it's grand to see a post from you.

    I do my continuing part to keep "snail' mail alive. I've got a marvelous neighborhood post office, served by a very able, skilled and friendly staff. (Not sure that everyone in the States would say the same about their neighborhood P.O., but perhaps they would, if they visited there more often.

    The last multiple stamp sheet I bought features an homage to Ray Charles. The design of the stamp sheet mimics the graphic shape of a vintage 45 record envelope, with a slim black crescent at the top of the sheet looking like the top of a 45. How could I resist?

    I send two or three handwritten notes each month, but admit that the immediacy of emailing is rather good, too.
    xo

    ReplyDelete