Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Glasgow's Mitchell Library

Another clear and fresh day tempted me away from my desk at lunch time yesterday, so I took a wander along to the Mitchell Library (one the the largest reference libraries in Europe) 

which is celebrating 100 years at its present location in North Street.

In the main hall there was a photographic exhibition of the library's history. 







 

As I was leaving I happened upon an amazing collection of puppets, http://www.theworldthroughwoodeneyes.co.uk/index.html which, together with hundreds of books from all over the world, in numerous languages, has been donated to the library by John Blundall.  




If you are interested in any aspect of puppetry, at any level, then this is the place for you!






3 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying these insider glimpses of Glasgow. Your library is grand from the outside, but I love that interior even more, with the light and space of arched ceilings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Ok, Glasgow, just moved up a bit higher in my travel bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sucker for all sorts of libraries -love to sit there and suck up all the excitement of words swirling round me.
    Puppets not so much --always slightly spooky to me.
    As a child ventriloquists scared me to bits.
    A little bit of snow still here.

    ReplyDelete