Sunday, 8 January 2012

A bird's eye view

Whilst waiting for my train the other day I spotted this group/flock/clutch(?) of Magpies.  With gardens on either side of the train tracks, an ideal lookout post to spot to your next target.  Magpies are not my most favourite birds in the world, though beautiful, they are too aggressive - but it was interesting to see so many in the one place at the same time.



Superstition seems to surround these birds, I'm not sure why.  I know people who, whenever they see a magpie, they must acknowledge the bird by saying "Good morning/Good afternoon Mr Magpie".  If not bad luck could befall them!!  Who says?  Is this something you do?   I've never understood why. 

2 comments:

  1. They do seem to get a bad press, don't they? But I love these shots! And your tour of Glasgow in the previous post was a real eye-opener for me, having never been there. Your photos of various reflections are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what? we are supposed to greet magpies? I don't know what they are called in German! What if I mess up my pronunciationand they send me bad luck? ;-)

    ReplyDelete