Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Too busy to blog

Since my last blog life has been just a bit hectic! Sooo many things going on in the one month that I just had to take each one at a time and do my best not to lose the plot.

There was still the sudden and yet to be finished request for wedding invitations, plus, plus..... (from a family member, so a rant about lack of organisation in one of my previous posts was allowed!) to attend to.

Preparation, making for, and attendance at, two large craft events in Glasgow (Merchant City Festival - which was fab - plus World Pipe Championships, which was less fab but still good).

Making time to catch some of the berry picking season, then jam making - lots of lovely raspberry jam making - from my hand picked berries (with the hope of returning at the end of August for blackcurrants, strawberries, goosberries and red berries, plus, plus, plus but unfortunately time got the better of me).

Fulfilling, with pleasure, a long-time special request for one dozen specially made cards from two lovely fellow bloggers - who always make me smile.

Catching up with old friends visiting Scotland from the USA and meeting new ones who came along with them made for a fantastic few days exploring castles , cathedrals and abbey ruins; Holyrood Palace (again!) and Arthurs Seat - in and around Edinburgh and St Andrews.

Time spent exploring and talking, eating and walking, shopping and taking in some of the most breathtaking views over Edinburgh on a clear, fresh, sunny day and exploring Mary King's close in the evening.

Staying at the Fairmont Hotel with wonderful views over St Andrews town and beach and having the best time ever in the best summer weather conditions we had had at up to that point!

Attending a special family birthday dinner;

Attending a fantastic farewell to US friends dinner at Lochgreen House Hotel in Troon before friends headed back across the Atlantic.

Day before wedding mentioned above spent frantically searching for something to wear at said wedding; got something in the end (phew!) and the following day attended the wedding - which turned out to be a great do!

And all of this was captured in pictures - only some of which I would have loaded here had I not, the night before Holywood was due to arrive in Glasgow, discovered that I have lost/misplaced (I know not) my trusty wee camera. I have searched, and searched, but cannot find my little friend who has travelled with me every day over the last 3 years - this is the longest time we have been apart and I am having withdrawal symptoms.

There's nothing else for it - I will have to buy another, though I live in hope that we will be reunited one day - if only for recovery of the memory card and its contents. In the meantime I have used my mobile phone to capture images of how a tiny, but very nice, part of my home city of Glasgow is this week being transformed into a part of the city of Philadelphia for an upcoming movie called World War Z starring Brad Pitt - will blog about that later.

Exhausted, but happy, I will recharge and enjoy the lull over the coming weeks.

If I don't find my camera I will post some pics from previous visits to St Andrews and Edinburgh another time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm exhausted just reading about all your activity! And how frustrating to lose your camera with all those lovely pics - I so hope it will turn up somewhere and that we're able to see it all too.
    Looking forward to your take on Brad's adventures in 'Philadelphia', Scotland, and meanwhile hope it proves more entertaining than disrupting to your daily life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer is a busy time. You are brave to admit it. I hope that you find your camera soon. Cheers from your friend on Long Island.

    ReplyDelete