Saturday, 11 June 2011

Was it something I said?

During my recent trip to the mountains in Switzerland I was out of touch with the rest of the world.  No TV where I stayed; intermittent radio access in a language I can only speak/understand in a limited fashion and newspapers that were of no interest to me.   My mobile phone was used only to advise that I had landed in one piece and then to request to be picked up on my return - and I did not miss any of these taken-for-granted mediums one iota!  However, I have to admit that towards the end of the week I was having withdrawal symptoms from the lack of access to my hotmail account and the internet in general. I have now been home for a few hours and I have already had a quick fix on the computer  - and I feel better already!

Do you use the "Stats" information provided by Blogger perchance?  I ask, because I do look at my stats from time to time and it seems that while I have been away, the number of readers of my blog has quadrupled for some strange reason!   Was it something I said?  

I've had a quick peek and I can see I have quite a bit of blog catching up to do - plus hundreds of photographs to sift through (no doubt deleting the majority of them) - so I hope the old pc has benefitted from the lack of use during this past week because I've a feeling it could be red hot by the time the weekend is over!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Bella:
    Welcome back to the world of Blogland - you have most certainly been missed!

    Your stay in Switzerland sounds to have been a complete change which, we are sure, you enjoyed immensely. It is so good on occasion to be cut off from all the comings and goings of one's own world and, at the same time, to be liberated [even if for only a short while] from tody's technology.

    We shall much look forward to seeing your pictures of your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I get total withdrawal symptoms when I don't have access to the web for several days. Not to mention a mounting sense of panic that my e-mail inbox will be even more impossible to control by the time I get back!

    ReplyDelete