Monday, 1 March 2010

Rippin' ma knittin'!

I have never mastered the art of knitting, much as I would love to, although I can do some basic stitches - in fact my favourite stitch is the basic garter stitch. Apart from being easy to do, I like the simplicity of it.

Today I was looking at some wool and knitting patterns on the web when I remembered a seminar I attended recently - part of which was given by a psychiatrist who made reference to a fellow psychiatrist who knitted an anatomically correct woolly brain "The knitted brain"

- and here it is:

















The woolly brain is now on display at the Boston Museum of Science.

Now that's impressive!

(Often wondered where "rippin' ma knittin'!" (slang for "at my wits end" /"driving me crazy") came from!)

1 comment:

  1. I think that is exactly how my brain feels just now Is!! xx

    ReplyDelete