Saturday, 2 January 2010

Did you catch the moon.....? Did you?


Happy New Year! Happy New Decade!

Wow! - memories of this Christmas/New Year holiday period will stay with me for a long time, for a variety of reasons. One incredible memory in particular was on Hogmanay, when out shopping for last minute supplies, I was privileged to witness probably THE most perfect, most spectacular full moon in the most beautiful blue sky, I have EVER seen. Unfortunately, I wasn't in the most ideal spot to photograph it (outside M&S, Braehead) but that didn't matter; I witnessed it and I was rivetted to the spot. I was ever so tempted to share the moment with frantic fellow shoppers as they eagerly rushed to pick up their ne'erday bottles or last minute packets of shortbread - to tell them to 'Stop'! and to 'Look'! - but managed to resist! Instead I took out my trusty wee camera and captured the moment - so glad I did - the sight was transfixing, amazing, incomprehensible!!

Did you catch the moon? I hope so. I'd love to see more pics of it, of what you saw and where you saw it - but in case you didn't catch it, here it is. Just WOW!!







4 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my low mountain. I know how much I too would have wanted to grab the arm of the passing shopper and insist they looked at this wonderful sight. Just do it!

    Sadly blogger is playing silly b*ggers and will only open your first two pictures. How tantalising. I shall return...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year - love the moon photosx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have visited your blog so many times and tried to leave comments with no success. To celebrate managing to finally leave one I am commenting again!!!! Happy New year indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your moon pics
    Hope your well & happy New Year too!! x x

    ReplyDelete